When Monday came it was time for Dave, Connor and I to go back to our real life in Salt Lake City. We were bummed to be leaving some of our friends and family in Texas but we were also ready to be sleeping in our own house again without a 13 month old in our room.
That morning we had breakfast in the hotel restaurant with Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Terry and Connor acted great. After breakfast Dad and Debbie were kind enough to come to our hotel room to pick up a few shower gifts that we were needing to have shipped back to us. And the added benefit of that was they entertained Connor while Dave and I were packing our stuff up. And I can't tell you how much that helped! Here are some final pictures of Grandma Debbie and Grandpa Terry with Connor in the hotel room.
After Dad and Debbie left the room we had another hour or so before we needed to head to the airport so we put Connor down for a nap and hung out together on the balcony. It was just nice to sit outside in the somewhat cool weather together and just enjoy eachother's company. And since our hotel over looked the Riverwalk there were some nice views to enjoy as well.
Our flight back to Salt Lake City was uneventful which was great. It was a direct flight that lasted a little under three hours. Which I am sure most people think is great. And I used to be one of those people. But now I have Connor. A 13 month old kid that DOES NOT SIT STILL. And if you try to make him sit still he gets histerical. So I spent a good amount of time on the flight in the aisle walking him around and entertaining him. Dave was great at trying to take Connor so I could sit down but Connor just did not seem to want to do anything other than move! But the small consulation is that it was good for me to be up that amount of time since I was not in pain or swollen when I got of the flight. Unlike when I flew to Texas 6 months pregnant with Connor. Here are some photos of Dave trying to entertain Connor for a short while.
With a blown up medical glove that made a great balloon.
Connor loved to close the window shades. So Dave would open them and Connor would close them. It kept him happy, busy and quiet for a good amount of time.
My cutie-pie little man.
With about 20 minutes left in the flight, Connor finally gave in and went to sleep. He slept during the landing and even during the exiting of the plane. He woke up again in the airport but was in a much better mood.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Monday - Memorial Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Aww great photos, I really like your new heading photo of you guys together.
Post a Comment