Friday, May 29, 2009

Connor's Recent Firsts

On Memorial Weekend Connor directed his "Mama" comments to me for the first time. For the last couple of months he has been saying "Mama" and "Dada" alot but never directed at Dave or me. So on Memorial weekend I figured it was just coincidence or my imagination that he was saying it to me directly, but today (Friday May 29) he actually reached for me while crying out "Mama". It really melted my heart even though he was starting to throw a tantrum. Go figure. But I love how my little boy is growing up and learning new things daily. And sometimes I post it on here just so I have it for my own memory to look back on. IF I was a really great supermom I would just place all this information in a really cool babybook. But oh well.

Also on Wednesday this week he started waving at people! We have been working on saying "Byebye" to people with waves for a long time and it was a gradual progression to it actually working. First he would just stare at people while sucking his thumb if we were saying "Byebye" to them. Then he moved on to just staring at them without sucking the thumb. Now he stares at them with his big blue eyes, BUT he also waves sometimes(which is him opening and closing his hand while it out stretched to you). It is big progress for us. We have found though that he does most of his waving when he is in his highchair and eating with us or Cassie. Which was the same thing he did when he was first learning to clap. It is as if he is showing us his new skill in hopes that he will get a sweet treat for it.

Another first.....Connor went down the slide at the park by himself! Today (Friday) we went to the duck park in Layton with my friends Sky and Jamie and their cute little kids and Connor just walked up the stairs to the slide and went down it. I was right there of course to help him down the slide and luckily Sky and Jamie were there at the bottom of the slide to make sure he was doing great. It was a big moment for us. He LOVED going down the slide. And he loved trying to climb back up the slide the wrong way. It made him laugh so hard. And thanks to Jamie and Sky for bringing the cool sand toys to play with at the park. Connor loved carrying them around and digging in the dirt. Those two moms really are much better prepared for playdates that I am. But I am still new and learning about this whole playdate thing. So I will be much better prepared next time. (promise!) Below are some pictures that Sky was nice enough to take of Connor and the other kids while they were having fun at the park. Hope yall like!

Connor with Mom at the top of the slide

On his way down!! (The cute little girl next to him is Lauren. Sky's daughter.)


The end of the adventure down the slide

The dismount. He was ready to go AGAIN AND AGAIN!

Back up the steps to the top of the slide. (This time with sand shovel in hand)

Hanging out with Mom on Sky's blanket and having a great snack.

At the end of the park time, Connor was in the swing and tired. Poor kid was snoring before we even got out of the parking lot and then took a 2.5 hour nap once we were home! (That made Mom happy)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!!! You are a posting machine! I seriously feel guilty now about how little I post. I mean, I'm home all day and you work and still put me to shame.
Love all the new pics, you guys are so cute! Lots of fun pics of Connor, so many smiles at that age, I love it! You look great too, amazing in that blue dress, that is YOUR color! P.S. THe hubby it pretty photogenic too - you're one good lookin' family!
Glad you had fun back in TX, but also glad you are back in UT...

Jamie