Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

We were so lucky this year to have all four of our kids with us for Halloween and to be able to go Trick-or-Treating with all of them. Grandma Sue was nice enough to stay home and hand out the candy at our door so that I could go trick-or-treating with all the kids. Since Abby and Jacob have done this before, they were really excited to go door to door looking for some yummy candy. But since this was Connor's first time trick-or-treating, it took him a couple of houses before he caught on to what was happening. And boy, when he caught on he was so adorable. Throughout the entire time he insisted on walking himself and carrying his pumpkin full of candy. By the end of the night the pumpkin was pretty heavy with candy but he did not care. It was his pumpkin and he was going to carry it. Connor also was getting good at saying his own version of "Trick or Treat!" when asking for candy. Preston also did great. He slept the entire time he was in the stroller walking the neighborhood, but looked adorable while doing it.
I guess I should also mention how incredibly wonderful my husband is. Connor was so excited when he saw Dave all dressed up in his motorcycle gear for Halloween. Dave was one of the few dads that dressed up for the night, but he really looked great while walking Connor, Abby and Jacob around the neighborhood. One comment on the lighter side though.....a couple of teenage girls thought that Dave was Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story when they saw him walking around. Dave and I got a good laugh out of that one. On Halloween night, I took about 300 pictures of the kids and Dave. I tried to pick out the best ones to share below.

The kids in their costumes after trick-or-treating.


Mom, Dad and the boys.


Connor and Preston spending quality time together.

Our neighbors. Sandy, Jason and Kennedy

Dad and Connor at the beginning of the trick-or-treat festivities.

Abby, Jacob and Kennedy trick-or-treating. I think they looked great in their costumes!

The back of Abby's fairy costume. Do you like the tutu I made her? I was pretty proud of it.

Jaocb, aka "Optimus Prime", looking pretty impressive.

Preston getting ready for the evening. I thought he was the cutest Tootsie Roll ever. And I know some people might question why I made Preston be a Tootsie Roll for his first Halloween. Well, when Dave and I were dating he used to write me the sweetest little love notes on the back of Tootsie Roll wrappers as our inside joke. It was one of the many ways he made me fall in love with him.

One of the houses in the neighborhood. They had great Halloween decorations that really scared the kids! (In a good way)

Connor checking out the halloween decorations shown above before he would go close to them. But I think the prospect of getting candy made him overcome any fear he had.

The boys on the trick-or-treat walk of the neighborhood.

0 comments: