Connor is 18 months old today. He is getting to be such a little man who gives his opinions with his newly learned words, gives his attitude when he is unhappy or happy, and shares his laughter and joy with us daily. He knows the words for ball, cracker, yucky, and Dada. And has his own language for the rest. But he is really good at understand everything you say to him and will generally do what is asked of him. Unless it contradicts with what he wants to be doing. We are just really looking forward to the day that "No" does not mean "Go faster till they get to me"!
While I have been home on maternity leave, I have called Dave at work each morning just to say hi and see how his day is going. While talking to him I always let Connor get on the phone and talk to Dada. Now every day he goes over and grabs the phone and says "Dada?" or if the phone ring he starts saying "Dada" over and over again, even if Dave is in the living room with him.
Connor loves his books now and calls all books "Bubbles" since his favorite book is a Sesame Street book called "Bubbles, Bubbles". He wants to sit in your lap and read all of his books over and over again everyday. So now I know most of them from memory.
Connor now is also learning the names of his body parts too. He can point to his nose, his ears, his hair, his belly, his bellybutton, his eyes and his toes everytime you ask him too. He loves showing you his toes the most, especially when he is wanting you to put socks and shoes on his feet.
Connor is also starting to understand counting. We count just about everything we do now and work on 1-2-3 alot. And he is really starting to love hearing it cause he knows something good happens at the end of three!
Since I have been home I have really enjoyed watching Connor grow and learn and become such a wonderful big brother and little man. He really makes me proud and brings so much love and joy into my days home with him. I am really going to miss being home with him every day when I go back to work on Monday Oct 19th.
Friday, October 9, 2009
18 Months with our Amazing Connor
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment