Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An Update on the Family

Preston was three weeks old yesterday and family life is finally starting to feel normal with two kids. Dave and I are starting to work out a nighttime feeding routine with Preston which is good since he eats every 2-3 hours right now. But Dave is doing great about taking one feeding most nights so that I can get some sleep. Since I am home on maternity leave I am trying hard to let Dave get alot of sleep since I know he has to work during the day, but he knows that generosity will stop once I am back at work too.
Preston had his two week check up last Friday and is doing GREAT! He has already surpassed his birth weight by weighing in at 8lbs and 8oz. He was 21.75in long and alert as can be. He is already throwing his head back when laying on our chest and is even getting close to holding it up while looking at you. The doctor was very pleased with his progress. We do not have to go back for another appointment till the 2 month check up.
Connor is doing really well with Preston and learning how to be a big brother. He still gets in trouble occasionally for hitting Preston when he gets too excited or mad but we knew that was to be expected since Connor is still so young. But he is doing alot better at just rubbing Preston's head or pointing at him when talking to us. Connor is really cute though with Preston. When we are getting ready to go anywhere requiring a carseat, Connor tries really hard to carry Preston's car seat to the car even though it is too heavy for him to even lift off the ground. And when Preston starts making crying noises, Connor is very good about telling us and pointing at Preston. Just incase we were not able to hear Preston ourself. Right now Connor is alot more clingy with me especially but he is still doing ok with the fact that when Preston is nursing, he has to sit beside Mom while reading books and not in her lap.
Lastly, since my recovery took longer this time than it did with Connor, Dave and I have had the new nanny (Traci) coming to the house in the afternoons and hang out with Connor. She has been great at taking him to parks and giving him alot of needed one-on-one attention so that I can have a little time to relax and give Preston some needed one-on-one attention. Next week I am going to be getting out more with her and the boys so that I can see her interaction with them more and that will help me be more comfortable when I go back to work.
Ok, so that is about all that is going on with us here in Utah. We really are loving our new family dynamic and life with two kids. I hope you enjoy some of the cute pictures I have taken on Preston recently. He really does look alot like Connor did at this age.




Preston and Connor taking the inagural stroll in our new double stroller.

0 comments: