On Friday I had my weekly checkup with the doctor and we found out that I was a little more dialated (3-4cm) and still effaced to 70-80%. Well that afternoon driving home from my friend Heather's house I started having contractions. About 9:30pm we finally decided that I needed to go to the hospital since the contractions were too much to take. Heather was a sweet, sweet friend that met us at the hospital to take Connor home with her. She stayed the night at our house so that we could deal with my labor pains and the hospital's attempt to stop them all night.
When we arrived at the hospital my doctor determined that they were going to try to stop my labor since I am only 36 weeks (on Sat) and he wants me to try and make it to 37 weeks for the kid's lung development. Well after a long night of contractions and pain, they finally got my labor to stop. The doctor checked me out this morning and finally gave us the go ahead go home at 8:30am. The only instructions we were given was....Bedrest (no working or being active) and if we see any additional signs of labor we are to go back into the hospital so they can try and stop it again. At least for the next 4-5 days.
Well that is what is going on with us. We will try to keep people informed on the arrival of our son. But until then, it will just be alot of sitting around, watching TV, reading books and trying not to get bored.
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Our Hospital Trial Run
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment