It was discovered on Thursday, our last day in the hospital, that Preston had an elevated bili level indicating jaundice. So on Friday we went to see the pediatician to get his blood tested again and once again, the bili level was even more elevated than it was on Thursday. So Dr. Forbush decided that Preston needed to be placed under bili lights while he was at home. We had to go to the hospital on Saturday and Sunday to get his bili level tested and the kid was a champ. Each time they had to prick his foot and draw blood and the poor kid did not scream or cry either time. I was so proud of him.
On Friday night and Saturday night Preston spent his time under the bili lights in our living room. Dave and I took shifts watching him those nights so that we could atleast get some sleep in. Below are some pictures of the poor kid hanging out under the lights. We were lucky though that his levels did come down and were did not have to spend anytime in the hospital for his jaundice.
The bili light suitcase in our living room. The blanket was placed over the suitcase to try and keep the heat in on Preston.
Preston sleeping under the lights
Grandpa Terry hanging out with Preston
Sunday, August 30, 2009
The in-home Bili Lights
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Awww so cute!! I did not realize that he had to have bili lights! Both of my kids had jaundice too but we didn't end up with the lights. I hope he is doing better now.her
I see your Dad in my head going, "This is pretty cool, you think I can fit in it!"
Post a Comment