Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's A Boy!!

Introducing the newest member of the Anderson family.
Name: Preston Joseph Anderson
Birthdate: August 25th, 2009
Time: 8:52AM
Weight: 8 lb 6 oz
Length: 21.5 inches
Long dark hair, dark blue eyes, 10 fingers, 10 toes, and absolutely perfect.

On Monday (August 24) around 7pm I started feeling the pains of labor. Our neighbors Sandy and Jason were so amazingly kind to take Connor so Dave and I could head to the hospital and have Preston. When I arrived at the hospital I was in full blown labor and the doctor determined he was going to let this labor progress since I was scheduled for an induction the next morning anyway. I was given my first epidural that evening around 10pm and spent the night in the hospital not progressing much further than the 5cm I already was when I went into the hospital. Around 7am on Tuesday the doctor broke my water and determined that I needed a second epidural placed since the first one was not working. (in other words....I was feeling EVERY painful contraction!) The placement of the second epidural was painful beyond words but it was still not as painful as natural childbirth. And I can say that with absolute certainty since Connor was delivered without the aid of a working epidural. Once the second epidural started working they checked me and determined it was time to deliver. Mostly because Preston was already starting to come out on his own. Three pushes later I had the most gorgeous little boy looking back at me and I knew I was in love. A love I could never explain to anyone or quantify, but a love I will feel for the rest of my life.

Lastly I should say something about my amazing husband Dave. During the labor and delivery process he was the most amazing supportive husband. He held me during the pain, said the most loving words when I needed to hear them, and encouraged me to keep going when I did not think I could. He has also helped me during the recovery in ways I could have not have anticipated. To say there is no modesty while giving birth or recovering is an understatment, but Dave always made me feel beautiful and special which is something no one but Dave could have done.

I hope you like some of the pictures we took while in the hospital. I love the family Dave and I have created and look forward to sharing the events in our children's lives with our family and friends.

Preston Joseph Anderson

Dad and Preston

Mom and Preston

Our Family. This was Connor's first time to meet Preston and he was so tired and cranky from a long day. He was not too pleased to sit still for a family photo but he still gave me a couple of pictures I will always love to look at.

0 comments: