Sunday, August 30, 2009

37 Weeks - The End!

On Monday August 24, I went to see the doctor for my 37 week prenatal checkup. I was still at 5cm dialated and about 80% effaced so the doctor determined he was going to induce me the next morning. It is a little rare to get induced at 37 weeks but the doctor was afraid that if I did go into labor on my own I would not make it to the hospital in time for the delivery because I was already so far along. The doctor placed me on strict bedrest (again) for that night to try and hold off labor till the next morning. Unfortunately the bedrest did not work, because I did go into labor that night.

Below is the LAST belly picture Dave will ever have to take of me. It was taken on Monday night in the hospital before I changed into my lovely hospital gown. I was 37 weeks and 2 days along. I hope you like it!

0 comments: