On Friday Dave and I took the family to a couple of different places to show them more of the Salt Lake Area. We started the day at the Miller Motorsports Park race track. It was great! Dave had arranged for us to get a private tour of the facility and the car museum. The museum has some ungodly expensive Ford Mustangs and Ford GTs in it. It was incredible to look at. We got a picture of Jacob in front of a car that Mario Andretti actually raced, but we were asked not to publish it. So.......we won't. But anyway, we also were able to see the press areas and the clubhouse at the Track. And they are so nice! I would love to watch a race from one of those areas someday.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Our Black Friday
After that we went to the Gateway and had lunch. It was not nearly as packed as I would have thought, which was nice considering it was Black Friday. From there we walked.....yup, you read that right....we walked to the Temple. It was not that far and it felt kind of nice to walk off the Thanksgiving dinner from the day before. But anyway, we got to see a good portion of Downtown from the walk, like the Energy Solutions Arena where the Utah Jazz play. The last stop we made while sightseeing was the tourist destination of all tourist destinations in Salt Lake City. The LDS Temple.
It was really beautiful. We were given a 1/2 hour tour by two of the "Sisters" that volunteer there while serving their mission. One was from Mexico and the other was from New Zealand. They were really sweet and knowledgable. So it made it a pretty good tour. At 5:30pm the Christmas lights were turned on at the Temple. I have wanted to see the Christmas lights display at the Temple since we moved here and we just happened to luck out by going on the opening night. It was soooooo beautiful! They do an incredible job! So below are some of the pictures while we were at the temple. I hope you enjoy!! (there are alot, but oh well......I took many, many more than what you are seeing!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment