Thursday, November 6, 2008

7 Months Old Update

Connor is seven months old on November 9, 2008. And it is making me think....
"Where has the time gone?" and "Wow, he has changed so much!"

Now at 7 months he has Four teeth that are almost fully in. He looks like a little vampire since his top two "fang" teeth are coming in. He is eating ALOT of food now and oddly enough, he likes the vegetables alot more than the fruits. But we have not found food yet that he is allergic to or does not like the taste of (eventually). I have even taken to making some of his baby food from scratch. It is actually alot quicker and easier than I ever thought it would be. And it freezes really well for future feedings. Who knew I could be domestic??
On November 3, when we came home from work Dana told us Connor was asleep in his crib. About half an hour later I heard him awake in his room so I went to say hi and bring him downstairs. What I found was Connor standing up in his crib, leaning over the railing and trying to escape! Needless to say, his crib mattress got dropped down that night. We knew he had been trying to pull himself up but honestly we did not think he would be able to stand up on his own (with the help of the railing) so soon! We thought we were still safe with the raised mattress. Guess not. The picture below is him standing in his crib after the mattress was lowered.


Connor just recently started to sit up on his own and now, that is not good enough for him. He wants to stand now! And on Wednesday night, he surprised Dave by trying to walk between his activity mat and the coffee table. His poor little legs were overwhelmed by his poor sense of balance and he fell. And honestly, you could tell he was angry he did not succeed. Cause he tried again the moment Dave stood him up on the mat! I swear, my kid is never satisfied. Once he masters one skill, he immediately moves on to the next it seems. We just got the house baby-proofed for a crawler and now it seems I am going to have to get everything even higher off the ground pretty soon.
Below are two pictures that were taken on April 27, 2008 (Connor was born April 9) and two pictures taken on November 5, 2008. As you can see he is still enjoying his swing and I just found it amazing how much bigger he is now! He is still my little boy but it is reminders like this that let me know he won't be my little boy forever.



0 comments: