Sunday, November 29, 2009

Jackson Hole, Wyoming and the search for new land

This weekend Dave and I took the boys to Jackson Hole, WY for a mini-vacation. This was Preston's first trip away from home and he did great. Connor also did great considering he does not sleep well away from his bed. He actually was very excited to see his bed when we got home and it was night-night time.
The drive to Jackson is about 4 to 5 hours for someone not traveling with two small children. But since Preston slept the ENTIRE ride there and Connor was entertained watching his Cars DVD we were able to make the drive without very many stops. The best purchase we have ever made was the portable DVD player! It kept Connor entertained, which kept Mom and Dad sane.
I would like to say a few words about the hotel room Dave rented for us. We stayed at the Jackson Hole Lodge and the place was great. Since this is their off-season we were able to rent a king-suite for pretty cheap that had a full sized living room with pull out couch and a working fireplace, full sized kitchen with all the major appliances, and 2 full sized bathrooms that had a washer and dryer in one of them and a jaccuzi tub in the other. anyone traveling with two small kids knows how thankful I was to have a washer and dryer to use. Off of the room was a balcony that Connor loved to go out on and watch the cars driving by. Mom liked going out on it because it gave a great view of the mountain side and ski-resort. This hotel room set up worked great for us as a family. The boys had both of their cribs in the living room and Mom and Dad were able to have some well deserved peace and quiet in the bedroom. So, for all of our traveling friends, if you are ever in Jackson, WY I would recommend staying at the Jackson Hole Lodge. It was really great.
The main reason we went to Jackson for our mini-vacation was to look at some pieces of land that Dave is thinking of purchasing. I really am bummed because my camera batteries were dead when we arrived at the land in Wyoming with the realtor. It was some of the most gorgeous wooded land I have ever seen. Connor loved exploring with Dad through the trees and in the snow when we were there. And it was so cute to watch him with his Dad. Connor really is his Father's child. On the way home we stopped at another property in Idaho that Dave wanted to look at as well. This time I did have my camera and was able to get some cute shots of Connor and his Dad walking down the road in the snowy woods. I am not sure if we will purchase land anytime soon or what we will do with it once it is purchased but I know I really enjoyed the trip and watching my son explore the wilderness. It will be alot of fun once Preston and Connor are both old enough to enjoy that activity with their Dad.


The view from the top of the hill the Idaho land was on.

View of the land from the main road.

0 comments: