Today is Connor's Frist Birthday!!!! He was born at 9:31am after a short labor (5 hours) and a painful(!) delivery. But he has been worth all of that and more. And even though Dave and I have never hidden the fact that Connor arrived a couple of years earlier than planned, he trully is the best 'uh-oh' we could have ever hoped for. And we know now that no amount of baby planning would have made this last year any better. It is hard to imagine what the last year would have been like if he had not been born yet. Sure we would have had a less stressful year, but it also would have lacked alot of the joy it had. And yes we would have been richer....but also more bored at home without him to entertain us. And since he never sits still....he is very entertaining!
As I look at him today I see so many things.
I watch him walk and I listen to him sort of talk (constantly). He is so smart now and is starting to put names with objects. Even though the names really are not correct yet. (i.e Calling every dog "Baby"). He plays particular games that we know are his favorites with us. He loves to have books read to him and to see the new picture on each page. He even points them out to us when he likes specific ones. He has such a large personality and is very set in his ways. And I have NO idea where he gets that from! He is to the point where if he knows he can do something for himself (like walk or feed himself) he gets upset with us if we try to do it for him. And even though he looks identical to me, he very much is his father's child. He loves to be outdoors with Dad and the dogs. He loves swinging at the park and that honestly is the only time he is quiet and calm for a long stretch of time. He loves to walk up to us when we walk in the door from work and wrap his arms around our legs. That truly is the best part of my day and the one I look forward to while I am at work.
In the next year I can not imagine all of the new things he will be doing and learning. I am looking forward to watching him grow and learn and become more independant. Even though it saddens me just a tiny bit to know I am loosing my little baby and gaining a little toddler. I can't wait to see what wonderful things he does. Last but certainly not least, I can't wait to see what a great big brother he is going to become in September. I know in the fall he will have to learn to share his Mom and Dad with a whole new kid in the house. And in some instances he will have to learn to share some of the toys that used to be his. But I think he will do ok and will be a great brother. He already is very independant and able to entertain himself if Dave or I are momentarily tied up. But he is also very sweet and loving with the people in his life.
Connor at the Hospital - April 10, 08
Connor in NH (July 12) - 3 Months 
Connor's First Halloween (October 31) - 6 Months 
Connor's First Thanksgiving (November 27) - 7 Months
Connor's First Christmas (December 25, 09) - 8 months
Connor's Birthday (April 9) - 1 year
Thursday, April 9, 2009
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNOR!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment