Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Start of Potty Training

Connor has shown a real interest in the toilet since he was about 18 months old. So we have been very slowly letting him sit on the potty and go when he says he needs to. But now we are finally thinking he is ready to actually potty train. I still think we will have a ways to go but I am ok with that. He alerts us each time he is going to the bathroom but we are working on him learning the signs that he needs to go to the bathroom. He is still pretty young (only 21 months old!) so we are not in a huge rush to get him potty trained. But we also did not want to miss out on his interest in sitting on the potty.
Today we were sitting on the potty and reading books to pass the time since it appeared Connor was actually trying to go to the potty but just needed more time. And honestly he looked so cute that I had to get a picture of it. He looks like a little grownup reading his book.

0 comments: