Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jamie's Baby Shower

Last night I hosted a Baby Shower for my friend Jamie. Alot of our really great friends came over to my house for a night of food, games, laughter and presents.

Alicia and Jamie, the Guest of Honor.


The first game I had set up for everyone was a diaper raffle. Basically, if you brought over a small package of diapers for Jamie, you got to enter a raffle for a gift certificate. Congrats to Christa for winning the raffle!
The second game I had set up for everyone was the No-"Baby" Game. Basically, each person was given three cloths pins and each time someone said the word "Baby" they lost their pin to the person who heard them say it. And at the end of the night, who ever had the most pins won a gift certificate for cupcakes. Congrats to Chauntelle for winning the game!
The third game I had set up for everyone was a book that each girl had to write what they guessed to be the baby's birthday, weight, length, in addition to the best and worst advice they were ever given about raising kids. When Paul is born, we will see who was the closest on his arrival date and size.



And lastly, I had each person decorate a plain white onesie for little Paul to wear once he is home. It was amazing the level of creativity each of the women and their level of artistic ability! Below are pictures of some of the more original onesies. (Note to all: If I left out a onesie you created, I am sorry. I just could not post ALL of them on here! But ALL OF THEM WERE GREAT!!!!)

The girls decorating the onesies.


Created by Karina

Created by Julie

Created by Chauntelle

Created by Brittany

At the end of the night Preston made his appearance for the group. I think he was held by just about every single person there and he was loving all the attention.



It was a great night with alot of laughing and fun. I really am grateful to have a bunch of friends who make living in Utah so much fun.

0 comments: