Monday, March 23, 2009

Connor's Crib Adventure


On late Sunday afternoon Dave and I had placed Connor in his bed to take a nap. He had been really fussy and acting all tired which usually means he will go down for his nap quickly. But this time.....not so much.
Dave and I were sitting at the kitchen table looking over our tax information (FUN!) and we heard a loud thump from upstairs. And then screaming. Lots of screaming. So Dave rushed upstairs and it turns out our sweet child had crawled out of his crib and landed on the floor rather hard. He was standing up next to the crib when Dave found him but not happy at all. Luckily, no damage was done. The fall only scared him. So the moral of the story (we thought) was to lower the bed down yet again. You will see the pictures below how low his matress is now in his crib. But that is not the end of this story.....nope not at all.
Dave working on the crib

Connor helping Dad lower the crib matress

You should notice in the pictures below the green mirror/plaything that is tied to the side of his crib. This mirror/plaything has been in his crib since he was 1 month old. It has always kept him entertained while he was confined within the crib. Well now Connor has found a new use for it. He was using it as a stepping stool to get higher on the side of the crib to try and climb out. After we lowered the bed we were watching him on the monitor screen climb onto the green mirror and try and climb out. So once again....Dave went upstairs and caught him in the act. Needless to say....that mirror is now out of the crib.


So I guess the real moral of the story is.....Dave and I completely underestimated the drive and ingenuity our kid has when it comes to getting what he wants.

Lastly....Do yall like Connor's new haircut? I think Sandy did a Fantastic job cutting his hair. Especially considering she was working with a client that would not sit still!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

THAT'S why he looked so much older when I saw him! The haircut! Well, he is bigger physically too, but the first haircut really does it to the boys I think.
So funny, glad he is ok after his fall! Oh no, he doesn't look like a trouble causer at all in his crib!
Let's hang out at Layton Commons some Friday when it's not snowing - we love that park too.
Jamie

Anonymous said...

Ahahah... that kid is freaking awesome!!! All he is doing is paying you back for things you did when you were his age!! I love him soooooo much... what a kick ass kiddo!!!

Declansmom said...

he looks so cute in his crib with his big smile!! :)