Monday, September 15, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

The week leading up to Labor Day Weekend, I had been in training classes in Houston, Tx. So on that Thursday I flew to Austin, TX and was able to hangout with Sharee and her family that night. It was great getting to see her, Jason, and the kids. Kaleb really is becoming the most wonderful and intelligent little man. And Kage....wow, Kage is walking and talking and just a huge bundle of energy! It was so weird to see him that grownup, since the last time I saw him he was only 3 weeks old! It is scary to think that Connor is going to be walking and talking just like Kage before I even know it.


That Friday, Dave flew with Connor to Austin, TX to meet me so we could drive down to Kerrville to see Grandma Beverly and James. Connor did great on his second flight, which was really nice since Dave had to fly with him all by himself. That weekend we went to see James Avery Jewelry, which is something I love doing with my Grandma Beverly. And we went to eat at Mamacitas! A place I LOVE to eat at.
On Sunday my sister Melissa, her friend Robert, my cousin Danny, my Uncle Danny and his wife Cathy all came over to my grandma's house for a BBQ. It was alot of fun and a great time. My wonderful husband Dave did all of the cooking so the Nelson clan could just sit back and enjoy getting to see eachother. And of course, Connor was the star of the show and really got passed around and loved on.
Connor is showing his Aunt Melissa his new skill......holding his own bottle while eating!
All in all, it was a great weekend. I was lucky enough to watch my son spend time with his Great Grandparents. He was sang to, talked to, held, loved and just completely adored by them. These are memories that we will cherish forever and we know we are truly lucky to experience.

0 comments: