Monday, September 8, 2008

Connor's First Texas Tech Game

This last weekend we went to Reno, Nevada to see The Texas Tech Red Raiders play The University of Nevada Wolfpack. It was Connor's first big roadtrip (550 miles each way) and his first Texas Tech football game. I have to say, he did great! He had fun playing around in the hotel rooms.



And he really was not fussy for 95% of the car ride. Of course, he waited to get fussy till we were only 2 hours from home! But I was still really pleased with how well he did. As you can see below he found ways to entertain himself in the car.

At the game he was a hit. Everyone kept commenting on how cute he was in his Texas Tech shirt (Thanks Grandpa Terry and Grandma Debbie) with his Texas Tech pacifier (Thanks Nana). And well....he was just plain cute. Dave and I took him to see the TTU Alumni Trailer and party and ended up sitting in the shaded grassy area near the party for a while prior to the game. He was pretty happy just sitting in Dave's lap on the grass.
The game was great. We won and there were TONS of Tech fans there. I was very pleasantly surprised at how many Tech fans showed up for a game in Reno, NV. You can see them in the Red Section of the Stands in the picture. We met fans from Midland, Austin, Dallas, and even some from Sacramento, California too! The Nevada fans were great. They were pleasant and had great sportmanship. It would be great if all fans welcomed visitors with the same grace and open arms.


All in all it was a great trip. And I am so glad that I got to watch a Texas Tech Football game live with my husband and my son. I cant wait to do it again!


As an added bonus, there was a hotair balloon race happening in Reno that weekend. So we got to see about 50 hotair balloons in the sky on Sunday morning. It was spectacular.


0 comments: