Friday, August 15, 2008

Park City, Utah

Dave, Connor and I went with a group of guys from work to take a tour of the Olympic Village in Park City, Utah. It was really cool to see the bobsled track (they even let you go down it in one of their sleds!), the ski jumps, and the practice pool for the skiers who do the aerial acrobatics. The aerial acrobatics was one of the best parts. The group got to watch a team do their practice runs. Which was awesome because they were unbelievably good. But we also got to watch some skiers as young as 5 years old practice! It is amazing how fearless they were about it. At the end of the tour, Dave rode a zip line down the mountain with a smaller group of the guys from work. He looked like he was loving it when he was coming down the mountain and I honestly was a little jealous. But I took the tour bus down with the remainder of the group since I had Connor with me in my arms. Connor seemed to love being there though and looking around at all the people and the sights.

This tour is something I would recommend for anyone who is coming to visit the Salt Lake area. It gives you a real appreciation for some of the sports you are watching during the winter Olympics.



0 comments: